BIG TIMBER RIFLE AND PISTOL CLUB
GENERAL MEMBERSHIP RULES
- It is the responsiblity of each member, participant
and guest to follow all Big Tiber Rifle and Pistol
Club (BTRPC) General Membership Rules as well
as Standard and Specific Range Rules.
- All members must participate in a range
orientation prior to being issued a gate key and
using the ranges or facilities of the club.
- Members are responsible for the actions of their
guests. Members will ensure their guests know
and understand all BTRPC General Membership
Rules as well as Range Rules and Emergency
Procedures prior to the guests using the ranges
or facilities of the club, and their guests abide by
all such rules while on club property.
- Rule violations by guests may result in
enforcement actions against both the guest and
the hosting member.
- Anyone observing a violation of any rule must
immediately bring it to the attention of a Range
Safety Officer (if present) and/or the person
committing the violation so corrective action may
be taken and further violations may be avoided.
- The hunting or killing of any animals or birds on
club property is structly forbidden at all times,
whether domestic or wild, in season or out.
Violations are criminal acts.
- Club property shall not be destroyed, moved
between ranges or removed from the ranges by
any person without specific permission from the
Board of Directors. Violations are criminal acts.
- BTRPC ranges and facilities are unstaffed outside
of formal events and scheduled training. Members
present and using the ranges and facilities during
unstaffed activities are expected to act as Range
Safety Officers (RSO) for themselves and their
guests, coordinating with others as required.
- Commandss of a RSO must be obeyed by all
persons on that range, whether participating in
activities or just observing.
- No alcoholic beverages or controlled substances
are permitted on BTRPC property, including
empty containers. In addition, no shooter
scheduled to fire will be allowed to fire if it can be
determined the shooter has been drinking an
alcoholic beverage or is under the influence of a
controlled substance before he/she is scheduled
- A shooter who does not appear to be able to
safely handle firearms for reasons of illness, or
consumption of legal or illegal drugs, or for any
unknown reason, will be removed from the range without firing. The RSO will make that decision. The decision of the RSO is final.
- All Certified Firearms Instructors who wish to
conduct training of any sort on club property must
first register with the BTRP Board of Directors
before commencing training.
- Pets on club property must be on a leash or
remain in vehicles.
- Smoking is not allowed in the classroom or within
10 feet of the entrance to the classroom.
Smokingn is limited to outside graveled areas.
Smokers are to clean up after themselves,
properly picking up and depositing used smoking
materials in a trash can.
- Anyone observing repeated rule violations after
the violator has been made aware of their
violation, or severe violations resulting in theft or
destruction of property or poaching, are asked to
report violations to the Board of Directors andor
the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office or the Oregon
State Police as deemed appropriate for the
- Any violation of a General Membership Rule or
Range Rule may result in a penalty up to and
including the permanent revocation of your
membership without reimbursement.